I’ve returned, refreshed and renewed! The two weeks off from blogging was nice – I wrote a bit while I was away anyways, but it felt nice to be free from arbitrary deadlines and worrying about stats. I spent some time with friends, caught up with some things on the home-front, and now I’m good to go! I even have a little backlog of posts queued up, so that I can have more wiggle room to relax. Yay!
So the first thing on the menu was to finally do this harem tag that Cactus Matt came up with! Thank you for the tag! I’ve seen quite a few other people do this, too, and the results have all been really fun. Matt’s harem was top-tier, so there’s
a ton of totally no pressure to come up with a good harem.
Here are the rules!
The ‘Build A Harem’ Tag Rules:
- Link back to the original post on Anime QandA so they can check out everyone’s picks!
- Use the ‘Build A Harem’ logo somewhere in the post.
- Make sure to mention the person who nominated you too!
- Pick 5 Anime Characters (any show & any gender) that would be in your ideal harem if you were the main character of a harem anime, explain a little bit as to why they are your picks (if you want).
- Make sure each character you pick falls into some of the following harem character types: Childhood friend, tom boy/girl, genki girl/boy, loli/shota, tsundere, yandere, kuudere, dandere, etc. (If there’s a character you’ve picked that doesn’t specifically fall into one of these types or falls into multiple types that’s fine too!)
- Nominate 5 people to participate in this tag!
I…well, I’m almost afraid what my harem building will bring, because I know I have a Type, and that Type is mean girls. I’m like, the tsundere queen. If she scowls, I’m in. If she’s a bully, I’m in.
If she’s killed thousands of people, I’m in. To give a non-anime example to put this in perspective – when I played Life is Strange, I skipped right over Chloe and shipped Max with Victoria. Oh, I totally had a crush on this girl who lightly bullied me in high school. Maybe there’s some psycho-analyzing that needs to be done here…
So here it is, my harem of angry anime girls. They’re all some level of tsundere, I think, so they totally fit into the archetype of harems, right? I just, uh, cheated a bit because that’s pretty much the only type of anime character I included. But, they’re different kinds of tsundere angry! So, like, there’s variety-ish!
(once again, I’m a scrub and I’m using the Western name order, because I confuse myself if I don’t)
Continue reading “Build A Harem Tag: My beautiful harem of angry anime girls”